SPIN is a partner of Enterprise Europe Network, the network launched by the European Commission to help small and medium-sized enterprises improve their competitiveness, develop their innovation potential and compete in an international dimension. The main objectives of the network:
Information, competitiveness and internationalization.
One of the main objectives is to bring businesses closer to the European Union, through a widespread information service on EU issues, programs and on EU policies. The network also supports Small and Medium Enterprises in the processes of internationalization and improvement of competitiveness. In this sense, Enterprise Europe Network aims to provide assistance for:
- obtain information on EU policies, legislation and opportunities,
- identify suitable strategies for developing and improving competitiveness;
- promote internationalization processes through the identification of business partners.
Innovation and technology transfer.
The network attaches utmost importance to innovation and technology transfer as a tool for strengthening the competitiveness of regional economic systems, stimulating collaboration between the academic world and the business world. In this perspective, Enterprise Europe Network aims to provide assistance to small and medium-sized enterprises to:
- identify technological needs and potential research partners at regional, national and European level;
- enhance the results of research and development activities;
- develop new products, new processes and obtain information on existing opportunities in the field of innovation and technological development;
- receive support on technical-legal aspects, such as intellectual property rights.
Participation of SMEs in EU programs
Enterprise Europe Network supports the participation of small and medium-sized enterprises in European Union programs and in particular in Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Program for Research. The Enterprise Europe Network activity in this area:
- information about the contents of the program;
- monitoring of existing opportunities;
- partner search;
- pre-screening of the project idea;
- planning support.