19 NOV 2020, 10- 11:30 CET
70.000 € and an incubation program to foster collaborations between SMEs in the TCLF sectors -textile, clothing, leather and footwear- and tech providers
The initiative European Light Industries Innovation and Technology (ELIIT) aims at supporting European cooperation to promote the use of disruptive technology-ready solutions to improve productivity, value chain integration, resource efficiency and to create new high added-value products and services in the textile, clothing, leather and footwear (TCLF) industries. ELIIT will support TCLF SMEs in implementing the excellent research results achieved in many technological areas by providers and/or owners of novel and innovative technologies throughout the launch of different calls for proposals. SMEs could benefit this way of incorporating in their business disruptive technologies such as KETs (Key enable technologies), digital technologies, artificial intelligence, internet of things…
Through different calls for proposals, ELIIT will select 25 partnerships between TCLF SMEs and providers and/or owners of novel and innovative technologies, which will benefit from:
- Financial support of 70.000 EUR to develop products or prototypes with high-added value and profitability
- A tailor-made coaching and advice programme on technical and/or soft skills to elevate the relevance of projects and increase their capabilities
- Facilitating market-positioning and professional links between members of partnerships and other key players by organising networking activities and attendance at relevant workshops, conferences and exhibitions
- SME tailored support to strengthen intellectual property rights protection
In the first call for proposals, 15 projects have been selected. The second call will open soon and will select 10 outstanding projects.
ELIIT Partnership Project is funded by COSME, Programme of the European Union for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises. Further details in the website: ELIIT PARTNERSHIP PROJECT.
- Presentation of the ELIIT Project: objectives, previous results and second call.
- ELIIT experience, by a first call participant. Mitwill Textiles Europe is an innovative start-up company in the textile and fashion industry, founded in 2013. They market a collection of textile prints created by an international designer network and produced in Europe. Their activity is based on a collaborative workflow between inside staff (15 persons) and outside partners such as designers, production companies and fabric sourcing. The company operates a textile printing Microfactory with state-of-the-art digital printing machines that allow rapid prototyping and sampling and is developing an industry 4.0 environment. Mitwill customers are leading European fashion labels, garment makers, style bureaus and home decoration brands. With 100+ new prints every month, the collections stay on top of fashion and colour trends. Mitwill organises production in Europe with proven partners for each production and lot size requirement. Mitwill uses innovative tools for collaborative design and supply chain integration. Mitwill has a business development project to create a digital workflow from the garment surface to a 3D simulation of finished garments in an endeavour to make fashion collection development faster and more sustainable.
- Importance of I4.0 and the AI in manufacturing industries, by Paul Celen mentor in ELIIT Project.
P. Paul Celen, Dr.Sc., MBA.
Since 2001, Paul Celen, 68, is a consultant/coach mainly for starters (100+) and companies in need for a structured business development approach. He is and was active in the field of Healthcare, Pharma, ICT, Telecommunication and Retail. He was 4 years VP Business Development for Lifewatch, 5 years for Vitaphone.